Monday, September 24, 2012

Things to Teach My Son




In case you didn't want to watch the video. That was the music video for "Just the Two Of Us" performed by the great Will Smith. The song is about how he is grateful for his son, how he thinks he will be when he gets older, then he gives some advice to his son for the future.

Personally I can't wait until the day when I can be a father. I have to have a son though. Girls are great and all but I will need a son to keep me grounded. In this post I just wanted to list off a few things that I want to teach my son.

Things To Teach My Son

  1. How to throw a spiral
  2. How to tie a necktie
  3. How to shave (only his face. If I find out my son shaves his legs like a girl I will treat him as such.)
  4. How to change a tire
  5. Dont do drugs
  6. How to gain the respect of others
  7. To show his emotions in a tough manly way
  8. How to throw a punch
  9. I want to teach my son how to read. Is that a mom thing? I don't really know but I want to do that.
  10. How to fix an engine (still need to learn that one myself)
  11. How to tie his shoelaces.
  12. How to dress. 
  13. About having a relationship with God
  14. Dont quit
  15. How to be a leader
          I just want my son to be a better more humble version of me. I am a strong believer in leading by example. I hope I will set a good example for my future son. I will now that I have failed as a father if my son is not better off then I am.

3 comments: